Friday, March 26, 2010

Expressing yourself through yoga and meditation-part two

In addition look for meditative aspects in other areas of your life as well. Tranquility can be found in many facets of your daily routine. If your work is something you enjoy then incorporate your yogi state of mind and see if you can improve the quality of your work experience. If your profession isn’t conducive to the yogi’s state of mind, try to implement some of the tactics you’ve learn to try to ease any discomfort or as a preventative against acrimonious behavior.

I have a close friend that employs similar measures to effectively disarm embittered colleagues and circumvent potential volatile situations. He finds a certain kind of contentment and satisfaction in acting as a positive influence to those who work with him. This has resulted in him being a well respected leader.

Aside from work, find the inherent serenities in activities such as exercise, hobbies, and everyday tasks that fill you with a sense of accomplishment. For myself, writing is effective exercise in meditation. It’s an opportunity drop my guard and honestly assess myself. I find that I stumble upon my more intriguing ideas while hypnotized by the steady clicking of a keyboard. Sometimes it’s as if the ideas are coming from somewhere else. I often look over my writing afterwards asking, “Where did that come from?”

Le chat de rue will answer in a plaintive yowl, signifying his impatience with my unnecessary inquiries.

Also, do not neglect experimenting with these concepts in the joys of your relationships with your friends and family. And of course the contemplative comforts of relations with a lover or significant other abound with opportunities to explore your new centered self. A romantic evening at home, displays of affection, and most certainly the post coital cuddling are superb examples of occasions that encourage meditative states.

One of the things that helps me with meditation is, of course, the indomitable presence of Le chat de rue. He resonates through the fields of energy that surround me, a constant that binds my wandering conscience lest I become lost in the significance of all that is. There are certain benefits to being caught in the orbit of another. If that seems unreasonable to you, then see it as a focal point-something in your life perpetually exuding positive energy. Le chat de rue is a symbol of the stability that I strive to attain in my own life.

Well, Le chat de rue is being intolerant of my incessant rambling and is commanding my undivided attention. So I‘ll leave you to yourselves to hopefully use any useful bits of information you may have glommed from this blog. I’ll be back here later to expand on some of the more generalized topics appearing in this blog and introduce you to additional thoughts and experiences regarding my yoga experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment